Mission & Purpose
To provide the Dallas County manufacturing community with the best opportunities to be sustainable in the global marketplace through facilitating workforce development, advocacy at the Local, State and National levels, and the sharing of best practices among members.
- The member-driven group is focused on economic development and helping the local manufacturing industry grow and prosper through industry-relevant programming.
- The Association is both an advocate and a liaison for local and state issues impacting the manufacturing community.
Garland has been recognized as a manufacturing city since the 1950s, and numerous Fortune 500 corporations chose Garland as a location for their strategic operations. A critical part of the GEDP focus is the retention of key players in our community. In 2005, Richland College, part of the Dallas County Community College District, one of the largest community college systems in the nation, offered the Garland Chamber a loaned executive to work with employers on their training and talent development issues. As the Chamber continued to meet with companies, it was obvious that there was a great need for developing and maintaining the qualified workforce, as workforce development was frequently listed as one of the top three issues by those companies. The Dallas County Manufacturers’ Association was established in 2006 under the umbrella of the GEDP.
- DCMA serves as a forum to address issues facing modern-day and next-generation of manufacturing such as the state of the workforce, lean manufacturing, technology and legislation.
- DCMA focuses on economic development and manufacturing growth.
- DCMA provides access to customized training and grant training opportunities through its education partners, Richland College and the Texas Manufacturing Assistance Center.
- DCMA serves as a liaison for local and state advocacy issues, as well as providing legislative updates.
- DCMA provides access to partnerships with state and national manufacturing associations.
- DCMA is a forum to share knowledge and best practices.
DCMA partners with Workforce Solutions and Richland College to provide grant-funded training to DCMA member companies. To date, more than $1.8 million of grant-funded training has been provided since the establishment of DCMA.
The Association continues to conduct plant tours for Garland ISD teachers, counselors and students, local leaders and Chamber members. In 2015, the Chamber officially established an Education Task force to develop programs that encourage student interest in manufacturing.
In Partnership with Garland Independent School District and Chamber of Commerce, the DCMA launched the GISD Student Career Expo in 2013 to introduce the wealth of opportunity available in Garland industry.
Together with Richland College, the DCMA launched the DCMA Leadership Academy in 2013, which provides useful, relevant supervisory skills training for local manufacturing employees.
Garland Power & Light
Locally owned and nationally recognized, Garland Power & Light has been providing reliable electric service to residents and businesses in Garland since 1923. “Always there when you need us!”
3DS Computer Services
3DS Computer Services provides IT consultancy services for small to medium sized businesses. We offer a selective package of cloud based applications as well as proactive computer maintenance and onsite support services.