“A proven and Effective Leadership Training Program”
Leadership Garland is a program offered by the Garland Chamber of Commerce to any interested citizen who lives or works in Garland or is a member of the Garland Chamber. The purpose of Leadership Garland is to provide corporate leadership training; to motivate and encourage civic leaders; and to develop personal leadership characteristics and skills within individuals. Participants are introduced to state, county, city officials, school board trustees, administrators, community leaders, community boards and commissions. Leadership skill topics are taught with active participation along with numerous field trips. Each graduate is encouraged to actively contribute to Garland’s growth and future.
Corporate Leadership Training
Leadership Garland provides employers with a comprehensive program to identify and train potential leaders within their workforce. Small, medium, and large companies alike can benefit tremendously from the program. Leadership Garland assists, encourages and motivates employees to develop important leadership skills.
Leadership Garland offers a cost- effective program with a proven track record of success. For nearly two decades with a modest investment of time and expense by the employer and the employee, Leadership Garland has graduated hundreds of corporate and civic leaders throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
Civic Leadership Training
As one of the oldest and most respected educational training programs offered by the Garland Chamber of Commerce. Leadership Garland has the following objectives:
- To inform the participants about Garland’s history, government, social needs, opportunities and existing processes for improvement.
- To introduce the participants to and establish dialogue with each other and the current leaders of Garland.
- To encourage the participants to actively participate in future activities which contribute to the growth and betterment of the Garland community.
- To provide current and future employers with a source of knowledgeable and trained leaders who can and will have a positive impact on the business community.
Personal Development Training
Leadership Garland provides individuals with a program that assists in the development of leadership characteristics and skills. Individuals participate in various hands-on learning activities that will help identify personal values, visions, and life-long goals. The program provides important concepts crucial to an emerging leader, ranging from problem solving to time management. Graduates of the program acquire a working knowledge of themselves as well as their community. In short, Leadership Garland not only produces leaders, it also enriches the lives of all who participate in the program.
To be eligible, an applicant must fulfill one of the following categories:
- Have lived in Garland one year prior to September 1st of the current calendar year.
- Have working Garland one year immediately prior to September 1st of the current year.
- Member in the Garland Chamber of Commerce.