Certificate of Origin Seal
The Garland Chamber of Commerce has revised its policy on the issuance of Certificates of Origin, effective Jan. 1, 2012.
The changes are as follows:
1. The Certificate of Origin must be filled out completely and notarized before being presented to the Garland Chamber of
2. An Affidavit of Origin and Indemnification Agreement must be signed by each company officer and presented to the Garland
Chamber of Commerce. This document can be signed yearly and will be kept on file for our records. This document
must be provided to the Chamber before a Certificate of Origin will be issued.
Click here to download the Affidavit/Indemnification Agreement.
3. For Chamber members, as part of their membership, there is no fee for each certificate stamped. Members must be in good
For Non-members, there will be a fee of $40 per certificate stamped and an annual $250 verification fee. Non-members
are required to undergo a company verification process before the Chamber is able to certify any documents. Companies
have the option to join the Chamber for a minimum of $500 annually. Make checks payable to the Garland Chamber of
Please adhere to the following steps to ensure timely processing of your Certificates of Origin:
1. Make sure you are filling out the proper Certificates of Origin for the country to which you are exporting.
2. Make sure you fill out the Certificate completely and accurately.
3. Make sure that the product information listed is verbatim to what is on the invoice. Do not leave off product number,
quantities, or descriptions.
4. Do not alter the Certificate in any way.
5. Have the Certificate notarized before having the Chamber sign it.
6. Do not wait until the day of your shipment to bring in your certificate.
7. Check with the Chamber office prior to arriving or any time during or near the holidays to confirm someone will be available
to stamp the Certificate. The office number is (972) 272-7551 x=0
The Chamber staff member has the right of refusal for any document that they feel does not meet the Garland Chamber's guidelines.
The Chamber offers Notary Services, FREE of charge to its members. There is a $6.00 cost, per page for non members. A Notary Public is a public servant appointed by state government to witness the signing of important documents and administer oaths. You must present a current identification document or card with a photograph, physical description and signature to have a document notarized. Please contact the Chamber at (972) 272-7551 for notary hours.
The Chamber is pleased to offer its meeting room to our members for their meeting needs. Our meeting room is available at no cost to Chamber members for meetings, seminars or lunches. Our meeting room accommodates 12 individuals. Members can utilize the space twice a month. Please contact the Chamber at (972) 272-7551 to check availability.
***If larger accomodations are needed, the Richland College Garland Campus has affordable meeting spaces available . Please contact Rick Guerrero at (214) 360-1217 for rental rates and availabilty of any Richland College Garland Campus meeting rooms.
If you are opening a new business, the Chamber has S.C.O.R.E Counseling services available. You must contact the Chamber at (972) 272-7551 to schedule an appointment. Each Thursday the S.C.O.R.E. counselor meets with those that have questions about opening a new business, their business plans or financing options. This is a FREE service to those interested in opening a new business.