SBDC Counseling Services
The Garland Chamber is the first Chamber to host a satellite office of the Small Business Development Center (SBDC), where businesses can schedule appointments for free, in-depth counseling and consulting services on a range of topics, from financial analysis to strategic sales plans. All services provided through the SBDC are free of charge and available to any small business in the area.
If you’re ready to take your business to the next level, the Garland SBDC counselor can help you grow, expand or gain access to funding for your business.
For more information or to schedule a counseling appointment with Garland's counselor, Judith Collins, please use the form below. You will be contacted regarding available dates and times.
Request an Appointment
Counseling Services Available
- Conducting financial analysis to help improve profitability and bankability
- Developing competitive strategies
- Coping with government regulation and taxes
- Conducting market research
- Designing a strategic business, marketing or sales plan
- Hiring and managing employees
- Understanding and securing loans and other sources of capital
- Developing a web presence, including social media
- Evaluating the purchase of an existing business
- Expanding internationally with the assistance of the International Trade Development Center
- Diversifying a client base using the assistance of the Center for Government Contracting
- Developing policies that minimize risk factors with the assistance of the Risk Management Center
- Improving effectiveness of manufacturing processes using the Enterprise Excellence Center
- Understanding patents, trademarks and copy-write processes for new products
- Valuating and identifying sales brokers for owners selling a business
Economic ImpactThe Small Business Development Center has made a tremendous impact for local small business owners, and continues to do so. As the Garland counselor takes on new clients and helps them achieve their business goals, the entire Garland economy benefits from job creation, capital infusion and the overall success of local business in our community.
Garland Outcomes for
North Texas Outcomes for
|Business Startups – 1||Business Startups – 414|
|Jobs Created/Retained – 54||Jobs Created/Retained – 2,351|
|Capital Infusion - $895,500||Capital Infusion - $121,412,322
"I'm here to help your small business grow in Garland, Texas"
Whether you seeks resources for sustainability or advice on practical growth strategies, my business is making your business succeed!
Small Business Program Coordinator 469-326-7464 Andrea.Tamez@garlandchamber.com
Montclair Estates is a unique independent living community that provides affordable and comfortable apartment homes. Our beautiful gated community offers a wide variety of amenities and a variety of floor plans ranging from studios to two bedroom apartments designed to fit your lifestyle needs. We have everything you need to feel at home.
Veryable is the on-demand labor marketplace for manufacturing, distribution, logistics, and warehousing that allows businesses and workers to connect directly. Veryable's mission is to revitalize the manufacturing and logistics sectors with a new labor model. Instead of continuing to hire and fire workers based on business demand, Veryable is creating a new labor paradigm that allows businesses to share labor and pull workers into their operations on an as-needed basis.