Apply for Leadership Garland
To be eligible, an applicant must fulfill one of the following categories:
- Have lived in Garland one year prior to September 1 of the current calendar year
- Have worked in Garland one year prior to September 1 of the current calendar year
- Member of the Garland Chamber of Commerce
*Class 39 has been selected. To apply for Class 40, please check back in May 2020.*
If you would like to participate in Leadership Garland Class 39 (2019 - 2020), see the application instructions below.
Applicants are asked to complete and submit the application form as instructed below. Applications are considered at one time, subsequent to the deadline date; however, you are encouraged to submit your application as early as possible because due to class size limitations, the order in which an application is received may be a factor used in determining class membership. We will acknowledge receipt of your application.
Selection of members for Class 39 (2019 - 2020) will be made within a few days following the submission deadline. When final selections are made, the Chamber will contact each applicant to inform him or her of membership status.
- Complete the application.
- Download, read and sign the class calendar.
- Include a letter of recommendation. Please attach the letter to the application or ask the individual to send the letter directly to the Chamber offices.
- Limited financial assistance may be available, including the Mayor Charles R. Matthews Leadership Scholarship and the Jason Pierce Emerging Leader Scholarship. If you are requesting financial assistance for tuition payment, submit that request in writing at the time of submitting application and check the box on the last page of the application indicating your desire for assistance. In your request letter, please include a description of how you have made a positive impact in the Garland community, and your plans to continue doing so as a Leadership Garland graduate.
- Fax or email the completed and signed application, class schedule, and all attachments to the Chamber office. Fax: (972) 276-9261 Attn: Jenna McWethy | Email: LG@garlandchamber.com
LG Application Calendar
The class calendar form must be signed in order for the application to be accepted.
DEADLINE: Application and class calendar must be turned in to the Chamber office by 3 p.m., Friday, June 28, 2019. If admitted to the class, the tuition of $850 must be paid by 5 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 22, 2019.
***If you are unable to submit an applicant for Class 39, please consider providing a financial sponsorship. Sponsorships assist in covering the cost of the program and providing the best experience possible for class members.
"Let's talk about what you expect from your Chamber experience."
Your feedback is critically important in helping us understand how we can continually create valuable programs and equip your business for success.
Vice President (469) 326-7412 Jenna.McWethy@garlandchamber.com
TAI prides itself in being a single resource for engineering, management and technical services. With the ability to service your project from scope development and conceptual design all the way through to completed construction, we fill in the pieces to make your capital projects and plant upgrades a success.
Garland Power & Light
Locally owned and nationally recognized, Garland Power & Light has been providing reliable electric service to residents and businesses in Garland since 1923. “Always there when you need us!”