Apply for Leadership Garland
To be eligible, an applicant must fulfill one of the following categories:
- Have lived in Garland one year prior to September 1 of the current calendar year
- Have worked in Garland one year prior to September 1 of the current calendar year
- Member of the Garland Chamber of Commerce
We will accept LG applications in June 2021.
If you would like to participate in Leadership Garland Class 41 (2021 - 2022), see the application instructions below.
Applicants are asked to complete and submit the application form as instructed below. Applications are considered at one time, subsequent to the deadline date; however, you are encouraged to submit your application as early as possible because due to class size limitations, the order in which an application is received may be a factor used in determining class membership. We will acknowledge receipt of your application.
Selection of members for Class 41 (2021 - 2022) will be made within a few days following the submission deadline. When final selections are made, the Chamber will contact each applicant to inform him or her of membership status.
Now is the time to step INTO the Leadership of Garland! Through an innovative hybrid of in-person experiential learning and virtual training, Class 41 will be exposed to a variety of leadership techniques and opportunities.
- Complete the application. Tuition for next Leadership Garland class is $850.
- Download, read and sign the class calendar.
- Include a letter of recommendation. Please attach the letter to the application or ask the individual to send the letter directly to the Chamber offices.
- Limited financial assistance may be available, including the Mayor Charles R. Matthews Leadership Scholarship. If you are requesting financial assistance for tuition payment, submit that request in writing at the time of submitting application and check the box on the last page of the application indicating your desire for assistance. In your request letter, please include a description of how you have made a positive impact in the Garland community, and your plans to continue doing so as a Leadership Garland graduate.
- Fax or email the completed and signed application, class schedule, and all attachments to the Chamber office. Fax: (972) 276-9261 Attn: Jenna McWethy | Email: LG@garlandchamber.com
The class calendar form must be signed in order for the application to be accepted.
DEADLINE: Application and class calendar must be turned in to the Chamber office by 5 p.m., Thursday, July 8, 2021. If admitted to the class, the tuition of $850 must be paid by 5 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 19, 2021.
***If you are unable to submit an applicant for Class 40, please consider providing a financial sponsorship. Sponsorships assist in covering the cost of the program and providing the best experience possible for class members.
"Let me help you discover innovative business services."
I direct the development and operational areas of the Chamber to carry out the organization's mission to be a catalyst for positive change in our community. Call me if I can help you cultivate relationships or discover services and programs to help achieve your business's mission.
President (469) 326-7474 Karina.Olivares@garlandchamber.com
Hill & Smith, Inc.
Hill & Smith Inc. is an industry leading manufacturer of a wide range of transportation safety products. Through the manufacturing of our premier MASH-compliant impact attenuator, the Smart Cushion®, our extensively tested & MASH-compliant portable steel barrier, Zoneguard®, and our Work Area Protection product lines of Smart Work Zone Systems, message and arrow boards and traffic controls, Hill & Smith Inc. is dedicated to advancing Work Zone Safety, ITS, & Roadside Safety nationwide.
Texas Security Bank
We are business people who happen to be bankers. Visit us to learn how our business experience can make a difference in your business.