Are You Ready for the 87th Annual Banquet?
What better way to celebrate achievements in 2018 than to celebrate big! Join us as we celebrate the outstanding achievements of 2018, including recognition from the United States Chamber of Commerce as a 5-star Accredited organization, and look ahead to a new year of continued success.
Old Hollywood Glam Cocktail Attire
Do you remember Paul Newman? Marilyn Monroe? Henry Fonda? Katharine Hepburn?
We are channeling their Hollywood attire from the 1930 through 1950. What should you wear? We have that covered for you. Click on the links below to gain inspiration for your Annual Banquet attire.
Network During the Reception
This is the event of the year where business and community leaders want to celebrate with the Garland Chamber and the accomplishments met throught out 2018. The reception is the moment to talk to those individuals who you don't see on the regular. Here are a few talking tips on creating small talk at the Annual Banquet:
- Do a little homework.
- The guest list is open to all those who will attend the event. The staff can let you know who will be there and you can do your homework on who you want to meet.
- Greet People Appropriately.
- Handshakes are a neutral, and safe way to go.
- Remember Names.
- Repeat the individual's name two or three times to remember their name.
- Don't Hold Back.
- Embellish your response. Add personal details to help the other individual remember you.
- When in Doubt, Discuss the Setting.
- If you are running out of topics to talk about, mention the event environment.
- Make a Clean Getaway.
- If you need to walk away from a conversation, or find someone else you would like to talk to, end with "I've enjoyed talking to you, hope to talk to you again."
At this year’s Annual Banquet, there will not be a speaker. Instead, there will be entertainment such as live music, dancing, and casino tables. Now if we are channeling the 30’s through 50’s with our attire, dancing is a must! Click on the links below to know how to dance to music from 1930 through 1950.
I know all of you are business and community leaders and know the proper table manners for a banquet, but here is a refresher:
If you have any questions about the 87th Annual Banquet, please contact Liza Ceniceros at (469) 326-7477 or at email@example.com.All News
Hello! Deluxe Car Wash
Hello! Deluxe Car Wash implements the most advanced tunnel express car wash equipment, ensuring a clean, shiny, and dry vehicle every time at an affordable price. We are a family run business that takes care of our employees, customers and the community!
Richland College - Garland Campus
Increase Workplace Productivity
Fill the Skilled Worker Gap
- Fast Track Manufacturing Training
- English-as-a-Second Language
- Machine Operator
- Leadership / Customer Service
*Select classes are no cost to company or participant. For more info, call Shaun at (214) 360-1200
Garland Power & Light
Locally owned and nationally recognized, Garland Power & Light has been providing reliable electric service to residents and businesses in Garland since 1923. “Always there when you need us!”