City of Garland 2019 Update
After the bond’s approval earlier this year, there are many projects that are coming around the Garland community. Here are a few updates about construction projects, economic development, and holiday events.
- Through the approved Bond Program, modern lighting will be installed at Winters Park. Soccer season ended on Nov. 17 and the first few light poles came down on Nov. 18. By February 2020, LED lighting will replace the old, yellow glow light poles.
- There will be construction on a transmission power line running from north to south Garland. The line begins north of Firewheel and runs along Highway 78, except in Downtown area where it follows the railroad line. Expect daytime lane closures.
- Electronic manufacture comes to Garland bringing 150 jobs. All Quality and Services Inc. makes computer components such as modules, modems, semiconductors, circuit boards, and more. They will house at 2010 Merritt Drive and are expected to be operational by the end of the year.
- Garland Approves deal to construct 350,000 square feet of flex space near new Jupiter Miller Business Development. Huntington Industrial Partners (HIP) will construct a fourth round of new commercial flex space in the core industrial district of Garland. The new class A buildings will be located on Marquis Drive between South Jupiter Road and South Shiloh Road.
- Garland Fire Department is hosting a Holiday Toy Drive. The Garland Fire Fighters Association and Garland Fire Department are collecting new, unwrapped toys beginning Nov. 29.
- Click here for a list of all Holiday events throughout the City of Garland.
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. We provide engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients.