Downtown Facade Improvement Program
Commercial property owners in the Downtown Garland Historic District now have the opportunity to improve the outward appearance of their buildings with assistance from the Façade Improvement Program.
The grant, which will be in the form of a reimbursement, will be for up to 50% of the façade rehabilitation. The program is funded by Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone #1.
“This program is an opportunity to partner with the City and better the economic vitality of the district,” Downtown Coordinator for the City of Garland, Letecia McNatt, said. “Improving the exterior of commercial buildings, enhancing the unique character of Downtown Garland, will boost the marketability of space within the buildings which will draw business and residents to the area.”
Projects must be vetted by the Downtown Design Review Committee and approved before work begins on any façade project. Once the façade rehabilitation is completed, it will be inspected for adherence to the approved plan. Then the property owner will request and receive a reimbursement check.
- Schedule a meeting with the Downtown Coordinator to determine project eligibility and walk through the application process.
- Return completed application, along with required documents, to the Downtown Development Office (DDO) and schedule an appointment to review the application with the Downtown Design Review Committee.
- If the application is approved, execute the Economic Development Agreement and return to the DDO.
- Upon written notice from the DDO, commence and complete project construction.
- Within 30 days of construction completion and project inspection for adherence to approved plan, provide proof of expenses to the DDO along with a request for reimbursement.
For an application and guidelines, visit the new City of Garland website by clicking here.
If you are interested in this partnership opportunity, call the City of Garland’s Downtown Coordinator, Letecia McNatt, at 972-205-2370 for more information.All News