National Manufacturing Day
- First week of May: National Small Business Week – celebrate our local small businesses.
- February 11: Inventors Day
- March 1: National Employee Appreciation Day
- First Monday in September: Labor Day
With many holidays throughout the year, Garland, and its 400+ manufacturer, is proud to be a part of a day to celebrate the thriving businesses that support the Garland economy.
The first Friday in October is National Manufacturing Day in the United States. The purpose of Manufacturing Day is to address common misperceptions about manufacturing, giving the opportunity to manufacturers to address their common issues.
Manufacturing Day began in 2012 by the Founding Partner Fabricators and Manufacturers Association to support and positively change the public perception of modern manufacturing. Manufacturing Day is now produced annually by the National Association of Manufacturers with the help of the Manufacturing Institute and Manufacturing Extensions Partnership.
The Garland Chamber has celebrated National Manufacturing Day since 2014, offering breakout sessions, keynote speakers and networking opportunities for Dallas County manufacturers. 2019 is no exception. The Chamber made a change to the event, from breakfast to lunch, but the concept is still the same. The following are breakout session available for manufacturers:
Breakout Session 1
- R & D Tax Credits with John Madsen, BlackLine Group
- Creating a Culture of Accountability with Leonard Lynskey, Lynskey Management Group
- Leadership Development with Angie Whitney, Richland College
Breakout Session 2
- Recycling with Steve Carr, Republic Services
- Cyber Security with Paola Sabine, American Heart Association
- Workforce Pipeline with Mark Hays, DCCCD
The keynote speaker, coming from the Manufacturing Institute is Gardner Carrick. As part of the organization who founded Manufacturing Day, Mr. Carrick will speak on the future of advanced manufacturing and the development of Federation of Advanced Manufacturing Education (FAME) nationwide.
If you are a Garland Economic Development Partner, Premium member, DCMA member or have a manufacturing facility in Dallas County, join us on National Manufacturing Day to provide you with industry-relevant education and recognizing your contributions to Garland’s sustainable growth.All News