Small Business Resources at No Cost
The Garland Chamber has many partnerships to help its members and businesses in Garland. One of those partnerships is with the Small Business Development Center. Through this partnership, the Garland Chamber is one of many chambers to host a satellite office of the SBDC, where businesses can schedule appointments at no cost, in-depth counseling and consulting services on a range of topics, from financial analysis to strategic sales plans. All services provided through the SBDC are free of charge and available to any small business in the area.
If you’re ready to take your business to the next level, the SBDC advisor can help you grow, expand or gain access to funding for your business through counseling in the following areas.
- Conducting financial analysis to help improve profitability and bankability
- Developing competitive strategies
- Coping with government regulation and taxes
- Conducting market research
- Designing a strategic business, marketing or sales plan
- Hiring and managing employees
- Understanding and securing loans and other sources of capital
- Developing a web presence, including social media
- Evaluating the purchase of an existing business
- Expanding internationally with the assistance of the International Trade Development Center
- Diversifying a client base using the assistance of the Center for Government Contracting
- Developing policies that minimize risk factors with the assistance of the Risk Management Center
- Improving the effectiveness of manufacturing processes using the Enterprise Excellence Center
- Understanding patents, trademarks and copy-write processes for new products
- Valuating and identifying sales brokers for those owners in selling a business
Judith Collins is the SBDC counselor who offices out of the Garland chamber on Tuesdays and Wednesdays every week. To make an appointment with Judith, contact Andrea Tamez at (469) 326-7464 or at Andrea.Tamez@garlandchamber.com.
SCORE is another resource available to small business. SCORE is a group of retired executives who volunteer their time to help small businesses. As a resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). SCORE has helped more than 11 million entrepreneurs through mentoring, workshops and educational resources since 1964. To find a SCORE mentor, click here.
The Garland Chamber also has free resources available for small business. The BOLD Workshops are monthly workshops designed to help small businesses with their top needs. The next workshop is on June 18 and they will feature experts in marketing, accounting, banking, and business insurance. The following workshop will be July 23 with a focus on marketing topics such as social media, SEO, branding, and websites. You can find all the BOLD Workshops here.
If you have a small business in Garland and are looking for free help to get your business started, look no further. The Garland Chamber is here to help.All News
We help clients strengthen and streamline their businesses by providing the resources of a large corporate company to small and medium size businesses. Our proven approach helps you better manage costs and minimize risk. You'll get the ready-to-use HR infrastructure that your business needs to be more efficient and profitable.