Tee Box Host - Responsibilities and Opportunities
If you and everyone at your business doesn’t golf, hosting a tee box is an opportunity to interact with half of the players at the tournament. The 35th Annual Golf Tournament will host a little over 200 players who will be distributed through the Lakes and Old courses at Firewheel Golf Park.
Here are a few perks of being a tee box host:
- Talk face-to-face with 100 players who include business owners, community leaders, managers and sponsors.
- Your company name will be displayed on the Garland Chamber website and promotional signs throughout the tournament.
- For an extra fee of $75, Texas Entertainment Group will give you the Tee Box Package that includes a 10’ x 10’ tent, one (1) 6’ table and chairs, delivery, set-up and strike (take down).
Part of interacting with the players is to showcase what your business has to offer in a creative and fun environment. Here are some ideas of what previous tee box hosts had to offer to the players:
- Snacks, samples, or drinks. You can offer branded water bottles, cups, koozies, maybe even hand out adult beverages. For snacks, protein bars, chips, peanuts, trail mix, or a snack that can be enjoyed on the go.
- Raffle. An easy way to get everyone’s business card is a raffle. Host a bucket where they can drop a card and supply fillable cards.
- Host a game. The Garland Chamber hosted a trashcan pong game in 2017. Last year was a putt-putt game. One tee box host had a “who could drive a marshmallow the farthest” game. You can tie it back to your business or host something what is fun and an incentive for the players to stop by your tent.
There are many options to interact with the players on the golf course, it’s just about finding what fits best with your organization. For those businesses who have already committed to hosting a tee box, here are a few reminders:
- Tee Box Hosts please arrive at 7:30 a.m. to start set up.
- Check in at the Tee Box Host table with Andrea Tamez, and someone will escort you to your hole with your promotional material.
- Tee time is at 9 a.m.
- If you are interested in the Texas Entertainment Group Tee Box Package, please contact Liza Ceniceros by September 13 at 3 p.m.
If you are interested in being a tee box host at the Garland Chamber 35th Annual Golf Tournament, there are still 10 spots available. Contact the Chamber staff to reserve your hole.All News