Things to Do This Memorial Day Weekend
Summer is just around the corner, and you know what that means, no school, family fun activities and of course the holidays! I do mean Memorial Day that is, a day of remembrance for those who served in the U.S Military. With Memorial Day just a week away, here are some fun things to start your summer off right.
First up we have our very own Garland Community, we’ve got everything from Live entertainment to Pools reopening just in time for that Texas heat.
- Opening Day for Hawaiian Falls comes early this year, happening on Saturday, May 21st, just in time for Memorial Day weekend. Hours differ from Saturday to Monday.
- Garland’s Sound of Summer Concert Series continues with Grammy nominated guitarist, vocalist and songwriter Christone “Kingfish” Ingram’s performance on Thursday, May 26th at 7 p.m.
- Catching the opening weekend premiere of Tom Cruises Top Gun Maverick and The Bob’s Burgers Movie at Strike and Reel. Matinee and Peak tickets range from $7-$11. Don’t forget all the other fun activities at Strike and Reel like, bowling, bumper cars, rock wall climbing, laser tag and arcade games.
- Band Together on the Square Concert Series welcomes Kelsi Kee and her thrilling performances of covers to some of the classics on Friday, May 28th from 7-9 p.m.
- Opening weekend for Surf and Swim start May 28th- 30th, enjoy your weekend splashing, floating, and frolicking at this outdoor waterpark.
- Granville Arts Center presents Viva Mexico! A spectacular journey through 12 cultural music and dance traditions from Mexico, on Friday May 28th doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the performance starts at 7 p.m.
If you are looking to venture outside of Garland, we got you covered, here is a short list of activities in the DFW area.
- Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas History and Culture Weekend - May 27-30, 2022. Spend your weekend visiting historical and cultural sites like, Frida Kahlo Immersive Experience, Dallas Museum of Art, John F. Kennedy Memorial, and so much more.
- The Stage at Grandscape presents Sounds of Summer all weekend long, experience Barefoot Nation, Le Freak, and Lost Shaker of Salt. These performances are free to the public, however for an elevated experience, tickets can be purchased for VIP.
- Enjoy your memorial weekend with a Movie Marathon at Klyde Warren Park on Saturday, May 28th from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Bring the whole family as Raya and the Last Dragon, Twilight, and La La Land play throughout the day.
- Don’t forget about Six Flags over Texas this Memorial Day Weekend. Kick off your summer of fun with exciting new memories at the Thrill Capital of Texas.
- Choctaw Stadium hosts So What?! Music Festival and it’s return since 2017, a merger of metal, rock, rap, hip-hop, alternative, and pop-punk genres. The festival is all weekend long.
There are most definitely other events going on this Memorial Day Weekend, unfortunately not everything could be mentioned. But however you choose to spend the holiday, we wish you the best Happy Memorial Day.All News