Small Business Resources
COVID-19 Crisis Resources
The COVID-19 crisis took all businesses by surprise. Everyone wonders how this will affect the economy and the stability of small businesses. The Garland Chamber wants to help you find resources to make your business sustainable during this time of crisis and provide you guidance to those that can help you. Follow the links below to resources that will be beneficial to your business.
Open Texas Guidelines and Checklist
Richland College - Garland Campus Training Grant
Small Business Loans and Guides
U.S. Chamber Grant Application
AssistHer Emergency Relief Grant Application
Understanding the SBA loan programs
Eligibility and Terms for SBA EIDLs and PPP loans
PPP Loans Guide and Checklist
EIDL Loans Guide and Checklist
Employment Retention Tax Credit
SBA Loan Fact Sheet
Apply for EIDL Loans
America’s SBDC Resources
List of Banks to Apply for SBA Loans
BOLD Speaker Series 2.0
SBA FREE Webinars
Progressive IT Solutions Working Remotely 101
Office of the Governor: Small Business Loans
Click Watch on Web. Then Join Anonymously.
Office of Governor: Next Wave of Funding
Click Watch on Web. Then Join Anonymously.
Collin Allred COVID-19 Small Business Guide
Other Business Resources
Guide for Retail To-Go Safety
North Texas Commission Federal Update
City of Garland
U.S. Chamber Update
Facebook for Business
Constant Contact Tips for Small Business
Constant Contact Support Kit
BBB Tips for Small Business
Food Industry Resources
Texas Downtown Business Association Resources
Member to Member Resources
Essential Business Letter Template
Temperature Taking Protocol
Best Practices for Manufacturers
OSHA Requirements Website
OSHA Guidance on Workplace
CDC Guidelines for Businesses and Employers
Department of Labor Workplace Safety
Environmental Protection Agency
Ten Step to Reduce Exposure to COVID-19
Reopening Your Business
Risk Insight through COVID-19: by INSURICA
Unemployment and Workers’ Comp
- Anyone who has lost their job due to coronavirus or has had to take time off to self-quarantine or care for a sick relative (and does not get paid sick time from work) may apply for UNEMPLOYMENT benefits. Info on that here. Governor Abbott has suspended the waiting period for unemployment benefits.
- Anyone whose job has brought them into direct contact with someone with coronavirus (for instance, a first responder or a health care worker) and has become ill or are required to quarantine can file for WORKERS’ COMP. File for that here.
- If you or a friend or family member are out of work, the Texas Workforce Commission provides support services as well.
The U.S. Department of Treasury has a list of financial resources for consumers.
Trouble Paying Rent or Mortgage
If you don’t have enough money to pay, contact your lender or landlord immediately. Help includes:
- If you are a Dallas Housing Authority client, please immediately report any loss of income in order to reduce your portion of the rent and inspections will be restricted to health and safety only.
- Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs Foreclosure Prevention 1-888-995-HOPE (4673)
- Texas Attorney General Consumer Protection or call 800-621-0508
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission has resources available. There may be vouchers to assist those in need with paying their rent. Also get government assistance with other needs, including lease application fees, information on low-income housing and security deposits. Dial 1-877-541-7905 to find additional ways to get rent help.
- Texas offers programs that can help you with paying your mortgage and also avoid foreclosure. Local resources, including government and non-profit assistance, can help qualified homeowners
- Homeowners have other resources too. Also, click here for a listing of Texas HUD counseling agencies that provide free foreclosure counseling.
Support Local Businesses
For BIG Innovation, Think Small Biz!
Show us your BIG innovation. Send in a 1-minute video about something you did that was innovative through the pandemic. We will be celebrating small businesses and will post your video on social platforms between May 3 - 9. View the flyer below for more information.
We're proud of the strong small business community in Garland, Texas, and we believe each one plays a critical role in the success and sustainability of our local economy as a whole. From innovative, crowd-funded start-ups to family-owned establishments that have been around for generations, the Chamber exists in large part to serve the thousands of small businesses that have set up shop in our city.
Why is Small Business a Big Deal?
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy, based on the U.S. Census 2002-2010, small businesses represent 99.7 percent of U.S. employer firms. The 23 million small businesses in America already account for 54 percent of all U.S. sales and while the rate of small business start-ups continues to climb, the rate for small business failures has declined. These statistics indicate that, when done right, small businesses can not only be successful, but sustainable as well.
Can the Chamber Really Help my Small Business?
Yes! Throughout the Chamber’s 120-year history, the staff has worked diligently to develop programs and form partnerships that allow the organization to provide extensive and relevant resources to the local small business community. Check out the resources available here on our website. Don’t see something you’re looking for? Call a Chamber staff member and tell us what you need. It will be our pleasure to get you connected.
Can I Talk to a Real Person?
Absolutely. We'd love the chance to meet with you and learn all about your business and your goals. Chamber CEO Paul Mayer has been in the Garland community for more than 25 years and has a great deal of experience helping businesses navigate various operational challenges. Contact Paul at (469) 326-7444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expert Business Advice
The challenges small businesses face often require skill sets outside of the business owner's primary area of expertise, which makes it difficult to find solutions. Through our partnership with the Dallas Metropolitan SBDC, we have an SBDC counselor on site two days a week. All appointments are always free, with no membership obligation.
Does your insurance coverage really have you covered? Is your targeted marketing strategy reaching your target customer? These can be tough questions for a business owner to answer, but we can help! Leveraging our connections with local experts in a variety of fields, our BOLD Speaker Series 2.0 gives you face-to-face access to the pros who can help you find solutions to the challenges you're facing. And best of all, it's free to attend!
Getting a small business started is a major accomplishment, but making sure it's sustainable for the long haul is a whole different hurdle. When it comes to finding time-tested ways to help your business grow, the Chamber of Commerce is the perfect place to start. Whether you need to get connected to local suppliers, find new outlets for your marketing message, or demonstrate commitment to the community you call home, the Garland Chamber can help!
"Let me help your small business grow in Garland, Texas"
Whether you seeks resources for sustainability or advice on practical growth strategies, my business is making your business succeed!
Marketing & Small Business Coordinator (469) 326-7464 Andrea.Hernandez@garlandchamber.com
Waste Connections of Dallas
Waste Connections is an integrated solid waste services company that provides non-hazardous waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in the DFW Metroplex. Waste Connections serves more than seven million residential, commercial, industrial, and exploration and production customers in 42 states in the U.S., and six provinces in Canada.
Texas Counter Fitters
Natural Stone Importer and Fabricator of Natural Stone Countertops. Visit our showroom to tour our amazing and unique stone gallery!
Choice Dental Associates
Choice Dental Associates is proudly serving the Garland community by providing comprehensive dental service under one roof. Every aspect of our office is designed just for you, with all the care, comfort, and services you could hope for.