SBDC Counseling Services
The Garland Chamber is the first Chamber to host a satellite office of the Small Business Development Center (SBDC), where businesses can schedule appointments for free, in-depth counseling and consulting services on a range of topics, from financial analysis to strategic sales plans. All services provided through the SBDC are free of charge and available to any small business in the area.
If you’re ready to take your business to the next level, the Garland SBDC counselor can help you grow, expand or gain access to funding for your business.
For more information or to schedule a counseling appointment with Garland's counselor, Judith Collins, please use the form below. You will be contacted regarding available dates and times.
Request an Appointment
Counseling Services Available
- Conducting financial analysis to help improve profitability and bankability
- Developing competitive strategies
- Coping with government regulation and taxes
- Conducting market research
- Designing a strategic business, marketing or sales plan
- Hiring and managing employees
- Understanding and securing loans and other sources of capital
- Developing a web presence, including social media
- Evaluating the purchase of an existing business
- Expanding internationally with the assistance of the International Trade Development Center
- Diversifying a client base using the assistance of the Center for Government Contracting
- Developing policies that minimize risk factors with the assistance of the Risk Management Center
- Improving effectiveness of manufacturing processes using the Enterprise Excellence Center
- Understanding patents, trademarks and copy-write processes for new products
- Valuating and identifying sales brokers for owners selling a business
Economic ImpactThe Small Business Development Center has made a tremendous impact for local small business owners, and continues to do so. As the Garland counselor takes on new clients and helps them achieve their business goals, the entire Garland economy benefits from job creation, capital infusion and the overall success of local business in our community.
Garland Outcomes for
North Texas Outcomes for
|Business Startups – 1||Business Startups – 414|
|Jobs Created/Retained – 54||Jobs Created/Retained – 2,351|
|Capital Infusion - $895,500||Capital Infusion - $121,412,322
"Let me help your small business grow in Garland, Texas"
Whether you seeks resources for sustainability or advice on practical growth strategies, my business is making your business succeed!
Marketing & Small Business Coordinator (469) 326-7464 Andrea.Tamez@garlandchamber.com
Triumph Business Capital
With Triumph Business Capital’s invoice factoring services, you can have your cash today, while still having control of your business. As one of the leading invoice factoring companies, we understand cash flow is vital to your business and we are here to partner with you.
Paloma Alvarado - New York Life
New York Life Insurance Company is hiring Agents, Financial Advisors, and Managers. If you have experience in the insurance and financial services industry or you want to learn how to get started, contact: Paloma Alvarado